Friday, February 18, 2011

Art 21 Reflection

Julie Mehretu
Creates abrstact paintings with densely layered amounts of paint. She does this by going to different places and creating a map like immage of it in her mind or on paper. She does this is many places and adds them together. This way she is making a map of "history." Its hard for me to relate to this artist because I have not done very many abstract paintings. I think that her type of artwork would be a lot of fun though because you are creating something new out of things that already exist. I also think that putting a lot of different colors on top of each other and see how it ends up could be a lot of fun. I am sure that there is more technique to it than that but still that is very different than most other artists I know.

Florian Maier
Is a landscape photographer who digitally changes and enhances him photographs. His inspiration is old photographs, how they used to be taken, and how much the technology has changed. I can relate to this work because when I have taken photography classes before I have enjoyed using manual cameras and going through that process. Also I think that I would be very cool to be able to fly to all different parts of the world to capture the beauty. One of my favorite things about Florian Maier is that he can take these beautiful picture and then is able to turn them into different colors or black and white to make the image more simple but it does not loose its beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment