Monday, February 28, 2011

Art 21 Reflection #2

Laurie Simmons is "an artist who uses photography as a tool." Her artwork is about capture a still peaceful moment when everything else going on is hectic. She also turned some of these photography into a short movie. In the beginning of her carere she did not show all her feeling through her art work and left all her thoughts about it in her head. That makes it very hard for me to relate to her. As an artist I believe that art is about expressing what you feel and not holding back. This way you can create something that you are a part of.



Lauri Pittman is a painter who creates very detailed artwork with many different aspects in it. It does not try to create one point but many different ones according to which viewer is looking at it. I like his artwork a lot. The different aspects make looking at his artwork interesting. I can relate to his work because I enjoy creating detailed artwork. I wish that I could have more time to do this. I also like how he works on such a large scale but still adds in every small detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment